A place to see what is happening in Fine Arts at Rocky Mountain School for the Gifted and Creative

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Puppet Center Opens Today!

Our latest work area is equipped for puppets. The center includes paper towel tubes, Popsicle sticks, paper bags and straws for puppet bodies, and all the embellishments and adornments needed to create character and personality. The center is strategically located between the Collage Center and the Construction Center, acknowledging that needed materials and tools can be brought from other centers as needed. One student created a paper bag puppet “made of parts of my mom, my dad and me!” -some sort of puppet genetic experiment perhaps…another created “the puppet version of me”, with a white shirt and a bow tie. Students told me we need some socks and some wood to complete the center.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?